3D Artist Intern
As the 3D Artist Intern, you will work side by side with Concept Art House's 3D Art Director and Game Artists to create beautiful 3D content for our clients. You will gain valuable real-world work experience contributing to projects coming from companies such as 2K, Activision, and Bethesda. This is a fantastic opportunity to sharpen your skill set while working on console, mobile, PC, and VR content for world-class companies.
You should have a broad range of skills and need to adapt to multiple artistic styles and applications, including environments, props, and characters. You have solid 3D modeling skills, both artistically and technically, and should be able to demonstrate foundational 2D skills. Having some knowledge of game production, workflows, and processes will serve you well on our small and integrated team.
Please send portfolio by link or attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive portfolios will include samples of:
- 15-20 examples - character, props, and environments -include texture maps and wireframes with tri count
- Nice to have---asset with whole GAME pipeline - from hipoly zbrush model, low poy game model ( 2,500 tri), with all maps and wireframe
- 2d drawing and foundation work
- List out software experience
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Artist should be able to create 3d art assets from 2d concepts.
- Must have good understanding of modeling, texturing/UV skills, (rendering, animation, rigging a plus) using current industry software: Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, (3D Max, 3d paint software a plus)
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent quality art with the sense of composition, color, value, form and classical art training
- Capable of adapting to a variety of artistic styles as required by each project
- Excellent communication skills as a team player and collaborator
- Must be able to take direction and constructive feedback on artwork
- Work in an environment that moves quickly, iterates rapidly and independently
- Strong 2D concept/illustration skill supplementing a 3D portfolio will be given priority
Nice to Have:
- Experience with modern game engines (Unity, Unreal)
- Experience with physically based rendering and Current Gen pipeline
- Experience with substance painter, quixel, Marmoset or 3D Coat
- Familiarity with MS Office or other management software
Culture & Benefits
Concept Art House is where artists transform fantasy and imagination into vivid and expressive works of art. We're looking for world-class talents to join our legion of superstar artists, producers, developers, and supporting staff. If you are willing to go above and beyond to prove your capability as an artist, communicator, and teammate, CAH is the place for you!
Health and dental insurance (employee premiums fully paid by company)
Tax-free commuter passes
Located within 1 block of both BART & Muni
Stocked kitchen & catered lunches